The Veterans Advisory Council (VAC) helps guide the outreach efforts of Habitat LA within the veteran’s community. The VAC assists in the implementation of existing veteran focused programs and helps shape the direction of Habitat LA’s veterans outreach initiative. The VAC is comprised of veterans and veteran support organizations that can help steer Habitat LA towards having the greatest possible impact in the Los Angeles veteran’s community. To see a list of our current members, click HERE.
Council members have the opportunity to assist Habitat LA’s Veterans Outreach Initiative as we:
– Help engage military and veteran groups in volunteerism with Habitat LA.
– Identify veteran candidates for Homeownership and Critical Home Repair programs.
– Formulate future Habitat LA outreach projects in the veteran community.
– Connect Habitat LA with additional veteran support agencies in Greater Los Angeles.
– Support Habitat LA’s goal to end poverty housing in the veteran community.