“I’ve worked alongside some incredible families, building Habitat for Humanity homes, which are filled with love. We can all be a part of creating long term housing solutions.” – Chris Pine, Actor
Hollywood for Habitat for Humanity’s Proud Partners
- ABC Network
- A + E Networks
- AC Green Youth Foundation
- AEG Live
- Fox Broadcasting Company
- Glamour Magazine
- Greys Anatomy
- Guerilla Union
- The Hollywood Reporter
- House & Garden
- International Creative Management
- Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation
- Lava Bear
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Los Angeles Sparks
- MTV Networks
- Music for Relief
- NBC Universal
- Oprah Winfrey’s Angel Network
- Overbrook Entertainment
- Paramount Pictures
- Raising Hope
- Ricky Martin Foundation
- Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Theory of a Deadman
- This Old House Magazine
- Turner Broadcast Systems
- Turner Digital
- Underground Films
- United Talent Agency
- Vanity Fair
- The Walt Disney Company
- Warner Bros.
- Wallace Entertainment
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- Wildbrain Entertainment
- Women in Film and Ziffren Brittenham LLP
- Yo Gabba Gabba
HFHFH engages the entertainment industry in a variety of ways to help to raise awareness and funds, including:
- MUSIC TOURING PROGRAMS: Touring campaigns include elements such as: artists building Habitat homes at tour stops, donations of $1 per ticket sold, VIP concert experiences and “Win a Chance to Build with the Band” auctions, co-branded merchandise, onsite and online video clips and tickets for Habitat homeowners to attend shows.
- SET DONATIONS: As part of their effort to be “green”, studios and productions donate their sets, set dressing and props to the Habitat for Humanity ReStores to be sold to the public with all proceeds going to build and renovate more homes for Habitat partner homeowners.
- AUCTIONS: We hold celebrity and athlete driven fundraising VIP auctions throughout the year, creating many opportunities for celebrity and athletes fan bases to donate to our cause. The VIP experiences include set visits, sporting event suites, sound check passes and meet and greets at concerts, VIP tickets to premieres, events and after parties, “Win a Chance to Build With______” opportunities, autographed hard hats and memorabilia and more. Visit the Charity Buzz website at www.charitybuzz.com and type in Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles to see a list of our latest VIP auction items.
- PSAs: Artists and athletes create PSA’s with Habitat for Humanity messaging to be shown during their concerts and share these on-site and via their social networks.
- On-Screen: Television shows and commercials shoot at Habitat for Humanity build sites and incorporate the work of Habitat into their storylines.
“I think I’ll be dreaming about extremely high ladders and soffit for the rest of my life! It’s definitely been a learning experience. I’ve never worked on a house before so I have a new respect for the labor involved. I want to come back and build again. I recommend it to everyone. It not only builds a home for a stranger, but it also builds a home for your soul.” – Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day
Ricky Martin Foundation partners with Habitat for Humanity for Disaster Recovery Fund
Ricky Martin made a call to action to the artistic community to join Habitat for Humanity and the Ricky Martin Foundation as they begin long-term recovery efforts to rebuild both Haiti and Chile, following the recent catastrophic earthquakes, which has displaced millions of families. Alicia Keys, Ellen DeGeneres, Carrie Underwood, Jimmy Fallon, Eva Longoria, Dave Matthews, Chris Pine, Ryan Seacrest, Janet Jackson, Linkin Park, Patti LaBelle, Enrigue Iglesias, Adam Lambert, Kris Allen, Switchfoot, David Banner, Allison Iraheta, Sofia Vergara and Anthony Hamilton answered that call. Watch the RMFHabitat video and see what the artists involved have to say.
How you can join the Artists in the RMFHabitat video to Rebuild HOPE. Rebuild HOMES. Rebuild HAITI & CHILE:
- TEXT – Text “RMFHAITI” to 25383 to make a $10 donation to the RMFHAITI
- DONATE – Click HERE to donate any amount you can to the RMF/HFH Haiti Recovery Fund
- ADVOCATE – Tell your friends about the long-term plans of the Ricky Martin Foundation and Habitat for Humanity to rebuild Haiti and Chile together and provide housing solution to over 50,000 families. Post banners on your blog or personal website. You can download the banner here.
- TWEET – the link http://bit.ly/RMFHABITAT and ask your followers to RT and help us spread the word.
- Follow us on Twitter – For up to the minute news, follow @RM_foundation, @Ricky_Martin, @habitatlac, @habitat_org.
A message from Ricky Martin: “With the images that have stayed in my mind since visiting Haiti after the earthquake and the stories and desperation I’ve heard from friends and colleagues living in Chile, I couldn’t just sit back and do nothing to help. In the past few weeks, I’ve relived emotions that I’ve felt only once before, back in 2004 after the tsunami. The alliance between RMF and HFH that began at that time is already a proven formula: rebuilding, together. I’m sure that with your help we can continue to make a difference, for the long term, as we did in Thailand. Watch our videos at http://bit.ly.RMFHabitat and donate. Thank you” – Ricky Martin
For more information on the RMFHabitat Video or the RMFHAITI or RMFCHILE programs, please visit http://bit.ly/rmfhabitat.
Other artist and bands such as the Award Winning Canadian Rock Band Theory of a Deadman and Guerilla Union + MURS with their Paid Dues Festival have created PSA’s, sold merchandise, donated auction items and hosted annual build days and concerts to help propel the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles.