Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles Invites Public to Design Collectible T-Shirt for 9th Annual “Power Women, Power Tools” Build Event
Los Angeles, CA – March 21, 2013: For the first time, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (HFH GLA) is offering the opportunity to design the collectible t-shirt for its most anticipated event of the year “Power Women, Power Tools.” Every year, “Power Women, Power Tools” attracts high-profile women volunteers from various sectors, including corporate, government, faith and the entertainment industry, as well as celebrities who spend the day building homes and bringing much needed awareness for affordable housing. This year’s event will be held on Saturday, June 15, 2013 at Sony Pictures Studios from 8am to 4pm. “Power Women, Power Tools” is an invite-only event and prior volunteers include: Julie Bowen, Tia Carrere, Lauren Conrad, Cat Cora, Kristen Davis, Rosario Dawson, Jennifer Grey, Kristina Guerrero, Paige Hemmis, Stacy Keibler, Mary Murphy, Pauley Perrette, Tom Shadyac, Raven-Symone, Randall Wallace and Chandra Wilson.
The winning designer will be announced in a press release including his/her name; receive an invitation to attend “Power Women, Power Tools” on June 15, 2013 (transportation will not be provided) plus special recognition online, on-site at the event and in printed materials for the event. Additionally, there will be a special announcement during the event honoring the winning designer.
For the past eight years, the “Power Women, Power Tools” t-shirt has become a collectible item, which some consider bragging rights for having participated in the special build day. Until now, HFH GLA has designed the t-shirt in-house, however the organization has opened up the opportunity to the public as a way of engaging a new audience in a creative and organic way. The contest is a fun way to support a local designer, while promoting the mission of Habitat for Humanity in Greater Los Angeles.
- Eligibility: Must be over 18 years of age; multiple entries are allowed; there is no local requirement.
- Design Requirements: Each t-shirt design must include the “Power Women, Power Tools” event name AND Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles.
- Logo Optional: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles logo is not required but logos are available for download at http://bit.ly/Zxt157
- Entries must be received by Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 11:59 pm PDT.
- The winner will be announced on Monday, April 8, 2013 and contacted within 2 days of announcement.
How to Enter:
Entries may be submitted via email or Facebook:
- To enter via email, send a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To enter on Facebook, Like the HFH GLA Facebook Page, then upload the entry and tag HFH GLA in the post.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (HFH GLA) strives to eliminate substandard housing through advocacy, education and partnership with families and individuals in need to build decent, sustainable and affordable housing. Since 1990, HFH GLA has built and renovated nearly 800 homes locally and worldwide, transforming the lives of hundreds of individuals. HFH GLA is a GuideStar® Valued Partner and has achieved the coveted Charity Navigator 4-Star rating awarded to non-profits for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency. For more information, please visit http://www.habitatla.org or call 310-323-4663. Visit our blog at http://buildingagreaterla.blogspot.com.
# # #