How to Apply for Homeownership through HFH GLA
How the Program Works:
With the support of community partners, donors and volunteers, HFH GLA constructs new or renovates existing homes alongside Habitat Partner Homebuyers. In addition to a down payment and monthly mortgage payments, homeowners invest Sweat Equity hours building their future Habitat home and the homes of other Habitat Homebuyers. Habitat homes are sold to Partner Homebuyers at no profit and financed with affordable loans.
- Homebuyers must be able to demonstrate they can afford a zero-percent or zero-percent equivalent mortgage loan and a small down payment.
- Habitat Homebuyers must fall within program income guidelines. *Note income guidelines vary per project/development
- Must have good credit (no recent bankruptcies, collections, liens or judgments).
- Habitat Homebuyers demonstrate need for decent and affordable housing
- Must be willing to partner with HFH GLA by completing the following:
- 200-500 Sweat Equity hours
- A HUD-certified pre-purchase homebuyer education workshop
- HFH GLA’s Habitat Homebuyer Education Program
Interested in Owning a Habitat Home?
HFH GLA does not currently have any homeownership opportunities available. If you would like to receive future information about Habitat homeownership, you may complete a Homeownership Interest Form, available HERE. You may also contact the Homeowner Relations Department at (310) 323-4663 ext. 176.
Individuals who express interest in our homeownership program will be placed on our interest mailing list. As new opportunities become available, interested individuals will receive information and notices by mail on how to apply.
We hope to partner with you soon!