How to Apply for Homeownership through Habitat LA
Interested in owning a Habitat Home? Submit a Homeownership Program Interest Form! As future opportunities become available, interested individuals will receive information and notices by mail on how to apply. Click HERE to begin!
How the Program Works:
With the support of community partners, donors and volunteers, Habitat LA constructs new or renovates existing homes alongside Habitat Partner Homebuyers. In addition to a down payment and monthly mortgage payments, homeowners invest Sweat Equity hours building their future Habitat home and the homes of other Habitat Homebuyers. Habitat homes are sold to Partner Homebuyers at no profit and financed with affordable loans.
- Homebuyers must be able to demonstrate they can afford a zero-percent interest or zero-percent interest equivalent mortgage loan and a small down payment
- Homebuyers must fall within program income guidelines. See below for current program income guidelines:
2015 Income Eligibility Guidelines* Number of People in Household 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Minimum Income Limit $17,450 $19,950 $22,450 $24,900 $28,410 $32,570 $36,730 $40,890 Maximum Income Limit $46,500 $53,150 $59,800 $66,400 $71,750 $77,050 $82,350 $87,650
*Note income guidelines are subject to change per the Department of Housing and Development (HUD) and vary per development
- Homebuyers must have good credit (no recent bankruptcies, collections, liens or judgments)
- Homebuyers must be able to make a small down payment
- Homebuyers must demonstrate a need for decent and affordable housing
- Homebuyers must be willing to partner with Habitat LA by completing the following:
- 200-500 Sweat Equity hours
- A HUD-certified pre-purchase homebuyer education workshop
- Habitat LA’s Habitat Homebuyer Investment Program
- All household members must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
Interested in Owning a Habitat Home?
Those interested in applying in the future may complete a Homeownership Interest Form, available HERE. You may also contact the Homeowner Relations Department at (310) 323-4663 ext. 140 or send an email to email@example.com. As future opportunities become available, interested individuals will receive information and notices by mail on how to apply.
We hope to partner with you soon!