We are accepting applications from Veteran and Military households for a home in the Westmont / West Athens community in Los Angeles County. Applications are due July 20, 2015 (postmarked or in Habitat LA’s office on or before 5:00 pm) For more information contact us at (310) 323-4663 ext. 115 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The property is located at 1232 West 101th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90044. The design is in partnership with the Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) click here for more information.
Upcoming Housing Developments
We will building homes in the City of Inglewood and other communities in Los Angeles County in the near future. Join our interest list to receive more information about our Homeownership Program by clicking here. To learn more about our upcoming project in the City of Inglewood, click here.
How the Program Works:
Our homeownership program is designed to assist low income; first-time homebuyers achieve their dream of homeownership. Habitat homes are sold to partner homebuyers at no profit and financed with affordable loans. Interested applicants must submit an application meet program eligibility requirements. With the support of community partners, donors and volunteers, Habitat LA constructs new or renovates existing homes alongside Habitat Partner Homebuyers. In addition to a down payment and monthly mortgage payments, homeowners invest Sweat Equity hours building their future Habitat home and the homes of other Habitat Homebuyers. Habitat homes are sold to Partner Homebuyers at no profit and financed with affordable loans. Click here to join our interest list.
- Homebuyers must be able to demonstrate they can afford a zero-percent interest or zero-percent interest equivalent mortgage loan and a small down payment
- Homebuyers must fall within program income guidelines. See below for current program income guidelines:
2015 Income Eligibility Guidelines* Number of People in Household 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Minimum Income Limit $17,450 $19,950 $22,450 $24,900 $28,410 $32,570 $36,730 $40,890 Maximum Income Limit $46,500 $53,150 $59,800 $66,400 $71,750 $77,050 $82,350 $87,650
*Note income guidelines are subject to change per the Department of Housing and Development (HUD) and vary per development
- Homebuyers must have good credit (no recent bankruptcies, collections, liens or judgments)
- Homebuyers must be able to make a small down payment
- Homebuyers must demonstrate a need for decent and affordable housing
- Homebuyers must be willing to partner with Habitat LA by completing the following:
- 200-500 Sweat Equity hours
- A HUD-certified pre-purchase homebuyer education workshop
- Habitat LA’s, Family Investment Education Program
- All household members must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
Click here to join our interest list. Contact Homeowner Relations Department at (310) 323-4663 ext. 115 or send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions. We hope to partner with you soon!
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles provides equal housing opportunities for all, and ensures fair and equal access to its programs and services regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, disability, marital status, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, source of income, or other characteristics protected by law. Veterans and Military Household designation is permissible under the Fair Housing Act, so long as the restriction does not operate to exclude a class protected by the Act. Thus, the housing must be offered to any qualified veteran or military household, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability or familial status. 42 U.S.C. 3601-19