How to Apply for Homeownership through HFH GLA
HFH GLA is now accepting Homeownership Applications. See if you qualify by completing a Pre-Application Form today! Click HERE (PDF Version) to start.
How the Program Works:
With the support of community partners, donors and volunteers, HFH GLA constructs new or renovates existing homes alongside Habitat Partner Homebuyers. In addition to a down payment and monthly mortgage payments, homeowners invest Sweat Equity hours building their future Habitat home and the homes of other Habitat Homebuyers. Habitat homes are sold to Partner Homebuyers at no profit and financed with affordable loans.
- Homebuyers must be able to demonstrate they can afford a zero-percent or zero-percent equivalent mortgage loan and a small down payment
- Habitat Homebuyers must fall within program income guidelines. See below for current program income guidelines:
Income Eligibility Guidelines* Number of People in Household 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Minimum Income Limit $17,400 $19,900 $22,400 $24,850 $26,850 $28,850 $30,850 $32,850 Maximum Income Limit $46,400 $53,000 $59,650 $66,250 $71,550 $76,850 $82,150 $87,450
*Note income guidelines are subject to change per the Department of Housing and Development (HUD) and vary per development
- Homebuyers must have good credit (no recent bankruptcies, collections, liens or judgments)
- Habitat Homebuyers must demonstrate a need for decent and affordable housing
- Homebuyers must be willing to partber with HFH GLA by completing the following:
- 200-500 Sweat Equity hours
- A HUD-certified pre-purchase homebuyer education workshop
- HFH GLA’s Habitat Homebuyer Investment Program
Interested in Owning a Habitat Home?
HFH GLA is now open for homeownership applications. Individuals interested in applying to purchase a Habitat home should first complete a Pre-Application Eligibility Questionnaire (available HERE or PDF) to determine their eligibility. Individuals that may be eligible for HFH GLA’s homeownership program will be invited to attend a program orientation. Homeownership program orientations provide details regarding program criteria, requirements, current homeownership opportunities and the application process.
If you would like to receive future information about Habitat homeownership, you may complete a Homeownership Interest Form, available HERE. You may also contact the Homeowner Relations Department at (310) 323-4663. As future opportunities become available, interested individuals will receive information and notices by mail on how to apply.
We hope to partner with you soon!