We are now accepting applications for Homeownership
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for a home in the Westmont / West Athens community of Los Angeles.
Interested, Apply Today!
All interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a Habitat LA’s Information Session to learn about the program criteria, partnership requirements and receive an application. Applicants only need to attend one of the following dates. If you are not able to attend an information session contact our office to pick up an application at our office. Applications are due July 20, 2015 (postmarked or in Habitat LA’s office on or before 5:00 pm)
July 1 or July 8, 2015
Habitat LA’s Affiliate Headquarters
8739 Artesia Blvd, Bellflower CA 90706
Parking available onsite
6:00 – 7:15 pm, English Information Session
7:30 – 8:45 pm, Spanish Information Session
July 11, 2015
New Mont Calvary Missionary Baptist Church
402 East El Segundo Blvd, Los Angeles CA 90061
Parking available onsite
Multiple Information Sessions
English: 8:30 – 9:45 am, 10:00 am – 11:15 am and 11:30 am – 12:45 pm
Spanish: 8:30 – 9:45 am, 10:00 am – 11:15 am and 11:30 am – 12:45 pm
Important Information for Information Sessions:
- Sessions begin promptly on time. Late arrivals will be invited to another session.
- No reservation needed
- Only the adult household member applying for Homeownership should attend
- Childcare will not be available, so please plan accordingly
We are accepting applications for the following housing project:
Veteran applicants are strongly encouraged. Application is due July 20, 2015 (postmarked or in Habitat LA’s office on or before 5:00 pm)
Habitat LA’s Future Housing Developments
Habitat LA will be building in the City of Inglewood, Hyde Park Place next!
573 Hyde Park Place, Inglewood, CA 90302
(new construction and remodel)
This project features the construction of two new homes and one remodeled home on a 7,500 sq. ft. lot in the City of Inglewood.
If you are interested in applying for the Hyde Park Project click here to join our interest list.
How the Program Works:
Our homeownership program is designed to assist low income; first-time homebuyers achieve their dream of homeownership. Habitat homes are sold to partner homebuyers at no profit and financed with affordable loans. Interested applicants must submit an application meet program eligibility requirements. With the support of community partners, donors and volunteers, Habitat LA constructs new or renovates existing homes alongside Habitat Partner Homebuyers. In addition to a down payment and monthly mortgage payments, homeowners invest Sweat Equity hours building their future Habitat home and the homes of other Habitat Homebuyers. Habitat homes are sold to Partner Homebuyers at no profit and financed with affordable loans.
- Homebuyers must be able to demonstrate they can afford a zero-percent interest or zero-percent interest equivalent mortgage loan and a small down payment
- Homebuyers must fall within program income guidelines. See below for current program income guidelines:
2015 Income Eligibility Guidelines* Number of People in Household 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Minimum Income Limit $17,450 $19,950 $22,450 $24,900 $28,410 $32,570 $36,730 $40,890 Maximum Income Limit $46,500 $53,150 $59,800 $66,400 $71,750 $77,050 $82,350 $87,650
*Note income guidelines are subject to change per the Department of Housing and Development (HUD) and vary per development
- Homebuyers must have good credit (no recent bankruptcies, collections, liens or judgments)
- Homebuyers must be able to make a small down payment
- Homebuyers must demonstrate a need for decent and affordable housing
- Homebuyers must be willing to partner with Habitat LA by completing the following:
- 200-500 Sweat Equity hours
- A HUD-certified pre-purchase homebuyer education workshop
- Habitat LA’s, Family Investment Education Program
- All household members must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
Contact Homeowner Relations Department at (310) 323-4663 ext. 140 or send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions. We hope to partner with you soon!
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles provides equal housing opportunities for all, and ensures fair and equal access to its programs and services regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, disability, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, source of income, or other characteristics protected by law.