Used Material Item Donations
The Restore receives new, used, discontinued or surplus building materials, appliances and home furnishings from companies, contractors, retailers, film and television studios and individuals.
You can donate any used construction supplies and old building material to Habitat for Humanity and we will use proceeds from this tax deductible gift to build houses for low income families in Los Angeles.
3 Options for Donating
- To schedule a donation pick-up, simply go to DonateToHabitat.org.
- To speak with one of our donations coordinators, call (424) 246-3637. Donation appointments fill quickly, so call in advance to ensure your pick-up!
- We always welcome items to be dropped off at our Bellflower or Torrance ReStore locations, Tuesday-Saturday 9am-5pm. No donations accepted after 5pm.
You will receive an In-Kind donation receipt listing all of your donation items. All donations are tax deductible and all items must be valued by you, as the donor.
Home pick-ups are dependent upon location and size. Items that fit in a car should be dropped off at your nearest ReStore location.
Currently we are accepting used building materials and appliances from the following cities: Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, Culver City, Santa Monica, Marina del Rey, Venice, Inglewood, El Segundo, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Long Beach, Carson, Lakewood, Bellflower, Paramount, Gardena, Compton, Downey, Whittier, Lynwood, South Gate and Huntington Park.
We suggest a minimum fuel surcharge of $5 for each donation pick-up, which is also included on the donation receipt and is completely tax-deductible.
We Accept The Following Items
- Air Conditioning & Heating Units, Appliances (must be under 8 yrs old)
- Major Appliances including: cooktop, sink, refrigerator, washing machine, microwave, dryer, oven, range, stove (should be under 8 yrs old; must be working and in no need of repair; slight dents/scratches are OK). We no longer take dishwashers.
- Bathroom sink, tub, shower, bath sink, towel rack
- Bed frames
- Brick & Block (building blocks need to be palletized; free of cement/mortar)
- Kitchen sink and Bathroom Cabinets Counter top
- Flooring, rugs, wood floors
- Roofing materials, shingles, roof tiles
- Interior and Exterior (Raised Panel) Doors
- Furniture (for upholstered furniture: please no significant stains, wear or tears)
- Hardware and home decor
- Lumber rough boards and uncut wood
- Exercise equipment
- Tile (floor: minimum quantity of 100 sq. ft.; counter: minimum quantity of 10 sq. ft.)
- Trim & Molding
- Windows & Coverings
- Plumbing & Piping
- Lighting & Electrical
- Outdoor Living, Pavers, Brick, Concrete Stones
- Various Home Decor
- Unique & Vintage Items
- Working electronics & E-Waste: stereo, speakers, computers, laptops, ipods, cell phones, TV, computer monitors, printers, (electronics must be delivered; no pick-up offered unless other furniture or building materials included)
The majority of our income to build new houses comes from generous used construction items and appliances that are no longer needed.
We DO NOT Accept
- Used mattresses or box springs
- Built-in Cabinetry (cabinets w/out backing)
- Hollow, Flat-slab Doors
- Scrap Lumber (under 6’)
- Used, Aluminum Windows & Doors
- Single-glazed Windows
- ANY Children’s Items including: strollers, high chairs, cribs, playpens, changing tables, car seats, toys, jungle gyms, sandboxes, swing sets, etc.
Please note, acceptability is at the discretion of the driver and the ReStore donation staff. Drivers and staff reserve the right to refuse building materials based on current inventory stock and condition.